Tilden Park Historic District
HBR is celebrating the new Tilden School for Teaching Health Historic District, which includes the amazing Bosler House, a structure that was in danger of disappearing before new owners took over and restored the building. We submitted a letter in support of the designation as part of our mission to promote historic preservation. Read more from Westword (photo also by Westword).
Berkeley Park Chapel
Important news! HBR, Koelbel, and the Denver Landmark Commission have all agreed to extend the deadline again for a final decision until January 31st, 2020.
The pause allows for a prospective buyer interested in preserving the Chapel to complete the purchase. We are hopeful that these efforts will result in a positive outcome for the community.
For Sale – Sess Residence
The Queen Ann style residence built in 1896 by Theodore and Abigail Sess at 4114 Tennyson is on the market. Their daughter Mildred kept a journal of a trip the family took to Wyoming in 1906 in a wagon. Read more in HBR’s report. Do you know someone who can buy and renovate this beautiful old house?
The developers of the theater at 44th and Yates presented their plans. BRUN shared the slideshow on their Facebook page.
Keeping Our Past Present
Historic Berkeley Regis is an active community group studying the history, architecture, and landscapes of our neighborhood since 2016. Our mission includes education and advocacy supporting the preservation of our area’s significant historic resources and its special sense of place. Examples of our membership activities include:
- Holding monthly meetings at historic buildings in the neighborhood and hosting special events
- Researching and compiling the histories of neighborhood buildings and our own homes
- Advocating for preservation and reuse of historic buildings and quality design for new buildings
- Meeting with developers, business owners, and political leaders to encourage awareness of the benefits of preservation, reuse of historic buildings, and retention of neighborhood character
- Reviewing and responding to new City of Denver plans and property rezoning requests
- Creating preservation awards to recognize property owners and businesses who are stewards of significant Berkeley buildings